Bulgarian American Heritage Center is non-for-profit corporation, registered in the State of Illinois.
BAHC has tax exempt status according to IRS 501(c)(3).
All donations are tax deductible.
Bulgarian American Heritage Center is organized and has been operating, since its incorporation in 2007, exclusively for charitable, educational, cultural purpose.
To establish, strengthen and ties between organizations and individuals within our community. Main driving force behind the organization are the art and social activities that are financially backed up with donations from different sources, Bulgarian as well as American.
Bulgarian American Heritage Center is organized and has been operating, since its incorporation in 2007, exclusively for charitable, educational, religious and scientific purposes. In furtherance of the foregoing purposes, the organization engaged in numerous activities devoted to:
- Preservation and fostering the Bulgarian heritage, culture, language, traditions, and customs in the United States through music, art, literature, dance, theatre, education, social events and other means, and activities.
- Promotion and presentation of the Bulgarian folklore, cuisine, art, crafts, writers, artists, singers, history and culture among all people living in the United States.
- That the presence of the cultural activities enriches our quality of life.
- That the presence of the arts in a community makes that community socially stronger and more economically viable.
- That members of a community need a gathering place to share experiences and connect.
- That the arts can bring people together.
- That understanding other cultures makes us more tolerant, and diversity makes our experiences richer.
- That learning about cultural and historical origins is the best way to understand who we are now, and in the future preserve what’s best.
- That organizations are individually stronger when they seek partnerships and collaborations.
- That a dynamic, professional, and inclusive cultural center is something our community can be supported and proud of
- That transparency in our organization models honesty, fairness, and trust within our community.